These days, finding more ease and simplicity in our day-to-day lives can be a challenge. From pressing obligations to unexpected surprises, life can be hard to navigate. Having a few tips and tricks up one’s sleeve, however, can make the burden of the everyday a bit easier. Here are 100+ tips and tricks to make your day-to-day life a little smoother.
1. Get organized. Having a plan of action for the day, no matter how big or small, can go a long way in helping you stay on top of your daily tasks.
2. Write out a to-do list and prioritize the most important tasks. Break down bigger projects so they can be completed in more manageable chunks.
3. Create a schedule of when specific tasks should be completed in order to meet deadlines.
4. Set aside a few moments each day to check in with yourself. These moments can be used to simply breathe or reflect on anything on your mind.
5. Prepare meals in advance. Cooking meals for the week in one day can save you time each day, and allow you to make healthier choices.
6. Avoid the snooze button in the morning. Waking up at the same or similar times everyday can help you establish a routine and ensure that you get enough rest.
7. Sleep with a relaxing scent like lavender or peppermint to help you relax.
8. Take advantage of technology. Utilize automated tools and electronic reminders to stay organized.
9. Exercise. Making time for physical activity can help you have more energy throughout the day.
10. Take walks. Make time for a walk each day to clear your mind and appreciate your surroundings.
11. Utilize tools like calendars and planners to keep track of events and activities.
12. Streamline your morning routine. Get your outfit and other items that you will need for the day ready the night before.
13. Make time for yourself. Even if it’s just for a few minutes each day, taking time for yourself can help you recharge and relieves stress.
14. Turn off notifications for non-essential apps. Disconnecting from all the digital noise can help you focus on the tasks that need your attention.
15. Find a morning beverage that energizes you. Whether it’s a hot cup of coffee or a glass of cold water, make sure you start your day with a drink that helps you feel your best.
16. Practice mindfulness. Reconnect with yourself and the present moment.
17. Unplug for at least a few hours each day. Spend time with family, read a book, or take a break from the usual chaos.
18. Establish a designated workspace and keep it clutter-free. This can help with productivity and creativity.
19. Break large goals into smaller, manageable chunks. Tackle each piece one at a time to reach the desired result.
20. Prioritize your tasks. Focus on the essential tasks and save the less important ones for later.
21. Automate payments so you can save time and avoid late fees.
22. Utilize apps or programs to track expenses and create budgets.
23. Delegate tasks to trusted people to help you get more done in less time.
24. Declutter your desk and organize your workspace. A clear workspace encourages productivity and creativity.
25. Make sure you practice self-care. Plan little getaways and indulge in relaxing activities to stay refreshed.
26. Follow the ‘two minute rule’. If something can be done in two minutes or less, do it right away.
27. Complete one task at a time. This will help prevent you from feeling overwhelmed and you’ll be more productive.
28. Make time for lunch and take short breaks throughout the day.
29. Set a timer for specific tasks or activities. This helps you to stay on track and prevents procrastination.
30. Take the stairs or walk a few blocks to get some exercise and fresh air.
31. Turn off the TV or other distractions. Give yourself plenty of time to rest and recuperate.
32. Reduce stress with yoga or meditation. Take a few moments each day to reconnect with yourself and the present moment.
33. Drink water throughout the day to stay hydrated and healthy.
34. Get to the office or other commitments early to avoid rush hour.
35. When socializing, set boundaries and stick to them. Give yourself permission to be comfortable and say no.
36. Avoid multitasking. Focus on one task at a time and complete it before moving on to the next.
37. Utilize lists. Prioritize tasks and take note of important items or upcoming events.
38. Acknowledge your accomplishments. Celebrating successes can help you stay motivated and encourage progress.
39. Connect with people. Reach out via text, call, or any other medium to check in with those in your life.
40. Utilize the spare moments of your day. Take a few minutes to take care of errands or other tasks that need to be done.
41. Allow yourself to be flexible. The world is constantly changing, don’t panic over small unexpected changes.
42. Don’t take on too much. It’s important to learn how to say no.
43. Consolidate trips in order to save time and energy. If possible, join errands or tasks together to save time.
44. Get creative with meal prepping. Meal prepping helps with healthier eating and saves time.
45. Declutter. Clutter only creates more stress and confusion, so get rid of old items or things you don’t need.
46. Challenge yourself to complete a task in a certain amount of time. This can provide focus and a sense of accomplishment.
47. Learn to breathe correctly. Proper breathing helps relax the mind and body.
48. Take 5 minutes to organize your desk or workspace so it’s orderly.
49. Simplify your wardrobe. Create a capsule wardrobe with pieces that coordinate with each other. This makes it easier to select an outfit for the day.
50. Take photos of important documents to always have a backup.
51. Eat a healthy breakfast. This can help you stay energized for the day and prevent unhealthy snacking later.
52. Listen to your body. Recognize when it’s time to rest and don’t push yourself too hard.
53. Break big projects into smaller steps. This can help prevent feeling overwhelmed and help you to stay focused.
54. Take care of yourself first before taking care of others. Showing yourself extra love and care can help prevent burnout and exhaustion.
55. Fold your laundry immediately. This keeps your laundry room tidier and prevents clothes from becoming wrinkled.
56. Make your bed each morning. This can make your room more inviting and calming.
57. Utilize cloud storage to back up important pictures or documents.
58. Color code your schedule, folders, and other items you use regularly. This will help keep everything organized and easy to find.
59. Buy groceries online or do curbside pickup. This helps reduce time spent in the store and keeps you safe.
60. Set overdue reminders to ensure monies or other tasks are completed on time.
61. Be mindful of how you are spending your money. Consider a budget that makes sense for your lifestyle.
62. Start a new hobby. It can provide an outlet from tasks and obligations, while providing joy and relaxation.
63. Whenever possible, try to do things in bulk. Whether it involves laundry or meal prepping, try and get it all done at the same time.
64. Get rid of toxic people in your life. This will help you stay positive and motivated.
65. Start a gratitude journal. Each day take a few moments to write down what you are grateful for.
66. Be proactive about sorting and completing incoming mail or documents.
67. Simplify your work commute. Pack a lunch and snacks, as well as a few essential items you may need for the day.
68. Bring an energy boosting snack with you in case you get a mid-day drop.
69. Take a walk outside during your break. This will help clear your head and give you an energy boost.
70. Unplug for a day. Give yourself a break from the tech and reconnect with yourself.
71. Check in with yourself emotionally, not just physically. Make time to reflect on how you’re feeling and if anything needs to be addressed.
72. Meal prep in advance. When you have pre-made meals, it’s easier and faster to reheat them.
73. Reduce unnecessary commitments. Consider which tasks can be outsourced and identify what is urgent and what can wait.
74. Make a ‘stop’ and ‘go’ list. Writing down what tasks are least important and need to be eliminated can help you stay on track with the essential stuff.
75. Utilize tablets or e-readers to read books or articles. This lets you get a few chapters in on the go and avoid carrying books.
76. Cut down on paper products or items you no longer need.