As of May 4, the Government of Senegal had reported 1,271 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 10 deaths.
What staffing and safety practices do we have in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- Practice self distancing and contact emergency health service if they show any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Constantly wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice social distancing.
B oys & Girls Clubs Of Senegal started a Global COVID-19 Relief Fund on Saturday. We works in the United States and internationally to provide updated information about COVID-19, as well as support and emergency help to the most vulnerable communities affected by the pandemic.
We target children, communities of color, the LGBTQ community, Immigrants and refugees and people with limited English proficiency.
Food and supplies distributed to communities in Senegal
- Your donation will help provide food to communities.
- Ensure continued access to free meals for children in need.
- Provide medical resources to health-care organizations such as masks, gowns, gloves and other protective equipment.
- Educate communities on COVID-19 and social distancing campaigns to limit the spread of the virus.
- Build Youth Development Toolbox applications that provide easy and immediate access to activities and learning opportunities for children to engage in at home.
- Build an online learning platform that everyone can access to learn, teach and play.
- Deliver books to children in need who don’t have Internet access or home libraries to keep learning.
An online learning platform to support children and families in these moments of self-confinement and social distancing.
B oys & Girls Clubs of Senegal is working with partners to build an online learning platform for everyone to access and make use of the digital resources to learn, teach, and play.