Hacking is an activity that is becoming increasingly prevalent in today’s digital world. It involves exploiting systems, networks or computers for various malicious purposes. There are various methods used by hackers to gain access to sensitive information and other resources. In this article, we will explore the different types of hacking methods commonly used.
Web Application Hacking
Web application hacking is a form of hacking that targets software applications and web-based systems. It is used by hackers to exploit security vulnerabilities in websites and applications that are not adequately secured. Common techniques include:
- SQL Injection: This technique is used to access sensitive information in a database by manipulating data input. Hackers use specially crafted SQL statements to extract confidential information.
- Cross-Site Scripting (XSS): XSS is a technique used to inject malicious code into a website. This code can be used to access user data or modify the web page’s content.
- Buffer Overflow: This technique is used to inject code into a program or application to make it perform an unintended action.
Network hacking is a form of hacking that targets computer networks in order to gain unauthorized access. It is used by hackers to gain access to private data and systems. Common techniques include:
- Password Cracking: This technique uses a variety of tools and techniques to crack passwords. Hackers use specially crafted passwords and dictionaries to find passwords.
- Port Scanning: Hackers use port scanning tools to scan for open or vulnerable ports on a network. Vulnerable ports can be exploited to gain unauthorized access to a system.
- Packet Sniffing: This method allows hackers to capture and analyze data packets that travel across a network. The captured data can be used to gain access to confidential information.
Wireless hacking is a form of hacking that targets wireless networks. It is used by hackers to gain unauthorized access to Wi-Fi networks and wireless devices. Common techniques include:
- Weak Password Guessing: This technique involves using automated tools to guess weak passwords used in wireless networks.
- MAC Address Spoofing: This technique is used to mask a device’s real identity by changing its Media Access Control (MAC) address.
- Packet Sniffing: This method is used to monitor and capture data packets traveling across wireless networks.
In conclusion, there are many types of hacking methods commonly used. Knowing what methods hackers can use to exploit systems and networks can help organizations protect their systems and data from malicious attackers.
Leave a Reply